Wednesday, 12 August 2015

Looking for a change of pace


There have been a few changes at HQ recently.  Unfortunately last weekend I had to move out of my lovely shared house with my partner and another couple into a teeny tiny studio flat just for me (and boyf on the weekends).  I found it a much more difficult experience than i expected actually, I've never lived completely by myself before and seeing my new place completely empty really upset me.  Still, onwards and upwards I guess.  Once I've got a bit of furniture and all my possessions in there I'm sure it'll start to look a little more like home.  Particularly once I have a bit more than just a mattress on the floor and it loses that 'crack-den' style.

I thought I would draw on this change in my life-style and bring it into my printing style.  I've been wanting to add a bit of diversity to my portfolio for a while and this seems like the perfect time! As much as I love the traditional printing style - one colour print, detailed, traditional subject, over the next few months I will be looking for a way to spice things up a bit.  I'm going to try a few new subjects, styles and hopefully some more unusual colours (if I can find some exciting printing inks anyway).

So for the time being at least this is going to be the last of my traditional prints!  





1 comment :

  1. Aaw, I totally undertand how you feel. It's not nice when you first move into a place, because it almost makes you feel like a 'stranger' there and it's as if you don't belong! But I'm sure when you've added your own stamp you'll start to like it a lot more! :) xx

    ReplyDelete