Wednesday, 31 December 2014

Happy New Year!

I'm afraid there's no print for you all today.  With all the winter festivities printmaking has had to take a bit of a backseat.  I just wanted to round up 2014 by sharing with you some of my personal highlights from the last 12 months. It has been a busy old year in Prints Regent HQ and so much has changed!


The big happy highlights are:

I graduated from university - something I never thought I would do

I finally managed to take a holiday outside the UK - Lino's of this are still in the works

I both left a job and landed a job

I moved from Falmouth back to home and then from home back to Falmouth

I moved in with Boyf and his lovely housemates

I've been more active on blog-social networking and learnt so much about printmaking from other bloggers

And finally I have actually been keeping to my 2014 New Years Resolution of updating this blog at least once a month (well virtually, everyone's allowed one slip right?!) - something I hope to continue in 2015


I've had a truly lucky year and have lots of things to be thankful for but with every New Year comes greater challenges in life and I wish you all the courage, hope and faith to overcome any hurdles you may face.

I hope you have a fantastic New Year and ring it in in style!

3 comments :

  1. So many accomplishments--congratulations! :)

    How are you enjoying life after school? & how's the new job / new rental treating you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm loving my new job thank you! It's very different to my old one but just as much fun! I spent almost 3 years as an ice-cream vendor and now I'm in charge of planning events at my old student union. I really love getting to give something back to a union that made my time at university so special. The new house is lovely too! I now live with 3 other people, another couple and my boyfriend - so I guess we're a couple of couples! It's been great getting to live with people my own age again and I've actually moved back in with one of more former housemates and her boyfriend. I was a little worried about if I was ready to move in with my boyfriend but actually it's been going really well and has been easier than I thought it would be.

      I hope the New Year has been treating you well too, I always love reading your poems and can't wait to see what you come up with in 2015!

      Delete
  2. I just nominated The Prints Regent for the Liebster Award! Check out the details at http://www.workplayblog.com/2015/01/thank-you-to-anja-aune-black-milk-and.html. It is a great way to discover new blogs and give appreciation to others! :)

    ReplyDelete